Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Learning

If people can’t see what God is doing,
    they stumble all over themselves;
But when they attend to what he reveals,
    they are most blessed.  Proverbs 29:18 Msg


     The more I learn, the less I feel like I know.  I am continually aware of how much God wants to reveal of His word and ways, and yet always humbled by the fact that I still feel like a newborn babe when it comes to knowing His word.  Even when I’ve read a passage of scripture and feel I’m familiar with it, He reveals something new that I never thought of or recognized before.  And so I continue to remain a student at His feet.  My heart is tendered to Mary, who upon seeing Him after resurrection, cried out, “Rabboni!”.  Teacher!  

     My children are winding down another year of school and ready for the break.  They’ve been learning many new things all year, as well as expanding their knowledge of things they’ve learned in the past years.   It is the same with us as we study God’s word.  There is always more to learn and “see” with our spiritual eyes.  His Spirit is always at work to develop us and reveal truth to us.  

      When God chooses to reveal something to us, we are wise to embrace it, and we are wise to put it into action.  God wants us to succeed.  He reveals and teaches us to bless us and protect us.  In our finite understanding, we think we know what is best for our lives.  We think we have it all figured out - what we need, what we want, what we plan for our future...but God is the only One with infinite understanding because He is the One that created all things.  We should be careful to seek Him for guidance and His plans for us, aligning our desires and actions to His.  

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!  “Who has known the mind of the Lord?  Or who has been his counselor?”  “Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?”  For from him and through him and for him are all things.  To him be the glory forever! Amen.  Romans 11:33-36


Father, I pray for a humble, teachable spirit within that thrives upon reading Your word and discovering Your truths. I pray You will activiate the same in my children.  I pray their eyes would be opened to Your truth and goodness.  I pray that as a family we would seek first Your kingdom and place You on the throne of our hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment